The Garden / 庭園 is a sandbox where players can place characters and objects around to make an interesting scene. Not to be mistaken with Secret Gardens. An overview of the various things you can click on are shown in the image on the side.
- HOME: Return to the Home Screen
- 購入: Buy things for your Garden
- 模様替え: Change the Garden's design
- キャラ: Swap out characters
- 訪問: Visit another person's Garden
- Game options
- Hide all GUI elements
- Save a screenshot of your Garden to your computer
- Post a screenshot of your Garden to Twitter
- Gramophone/Jukebox object: Lets you buy and/or change the music
A large selection of objects and parts of your Garden can be bought for gold and, in rare cases, with a Written Request to a Gardener with Remarkable Abilities (スゴウデ庭師への依頼状). The request is a rare currency item that is normally buyable for 100 DMM points. Upon clicking the Buy button (購入), a tabbed menu will appear. These organize the sections of the Garden that you can buy. From left to right, the tabs are scenery (背景), summer house (東屋), garden trees (庭木), objects (オブジェ), and potted plants (鉢植え). Scenery changes the floor of your Garden. The summer house is the housing to the upper-left hand side of the Garden. The garden trees correspond to the upper-right hand area of the Garden.
A sample buyable item is shown on the side. The meaning of the texts from top to bottom are as follows.
- アカデミーフロア / Academy Floor. This is the buyable thing's name.
- 必要ゴールド：１５０００ / Required Gold: 15,000
- 必要依頼状：１ / Required Written Requests: 1. This does not appear on all buyable items. If it is missing, you only need to spend gold to buy the item.
- 交換制限：あと１回 / Exchange Limit: 1 Time Left. This is how many more times you can buy the thing.
- 交換期限：無期限 / Exchange Period: Limitless. This is the time period by which you can buy the thing.
Note that at the time of this writing, every buyable thing can be bought at any time and can be bought only once. Worded differently, the exchange limit is always one and the exchange period is always limitless.
Clicking on the button to change the Garden's design (模様替え) allows you to choose the scenery, summer house, trees, and objects that get used. A set of colored buttons appear corresponding to those four parts of the Garden. They have the same order as the tabs in the menu for buying things. From top to bottom, they say the following:
- Summer house
- Garden trees
- Potted Plants
Upon clicking one of these buttons, a slider bar appears at the bottom of the screen. These are the things you own for that particular section of the Garden. The item that has 選択中 written on it is the thing currently in use. Click on any other owned thing to change the selection. At the bottom-right you can see the text 配置数 which is how many things can be put down for that particular section of the Garden. You can only have one scenery (floor), summer house, and type of garden trees. You can have up to 15 objects in your Garden.
Objects are a little different from the other sections of the Garden. Upon putting an object into the Garden, that object can be dragged around and placed in any clear place that is not overlapping a character or another object. They can also be flipped horizontally. If too many objects are in use, you cannot place any more objects down. Remove an object beforehand in order to place a new object down. To remove an object, drag the object to the chest at the upper-right labeled 撤去する (remove). To easily remove all objects at once, the button at the upper-right labeled 配置全撤去 (remove all arrangements). Clicking the button will ask if you are sure that you want to remove all objects; the left button is はい / Yes and the right button is いいえ / No.
Characters can be added and removed to and from the Garden by clicking on the Character (キャラ) button. You can have 11 characters in your Garden. along with your owned flower knights, Nazuna is also able to be put into the Garden. On the character management screen, the left pull-down list is the sort and the right pull-down list is the filter. When a character is in the Garden, she may be dragged around and placed in any empty area not next to another character or an object. Clicking on her activates her Joyful animation and has her say one of her lines. Putting your mouse over her reveals a set of buttons to control her actions. At the very top is a play/pause button to allow you to freeze her animations. Below her is an arrow that faces left or right. Clicking this toggles the direction she is facing. This option is not useful if your flower knight's animation is to move. The bottom-most button changes the animation that the flower knight is set to do. The displayed text is the animation they will be doing. Clicking on the button cycles through animations. The animations available are as follows.
- 移動 / Move: The girl will aimlessly move around. This is the default animation.
- 喜び / Joy: The girl will do their victory pose animation. This is normally seen after a Search.
- 攻撃 / Attack: The girl will continuously do their normal attack animation.
- 静止 / Stand still: The girl will stand in place. The animation button is notably red unlike the other animations.
The Jukebox/Gramophone is a unique object that allows you to set the music that plays in your Garden. If other people visit your Garden, they will hear the music that you set for your Garden. While the jukebox is in the Garden, click on it to open a menu that displays all of the songs in the game. You start out with only one song available, so you will need to buy more music with gold. The following buttons are on the jukebox's menu.
- Beside a song you have not yet bought, Trial Listening (試聴) lets you listen to a short clip before buying it.
- Beside a song you have not yet bought, Buy (購入) lets you buy the song with gold.
- At the top-right, the looping arrows toggles Looping. When on, the song goes to the next song when the song ends. When off, the current song repeats itself indefinitely.
- At the top-right, the criss-crossed arrows toggles Random Playback. When on, looping is also activated and songs that play will be randomly selected when songs end. When off, looping is also disabled because the current song will repeat indefinitely.
Potted Plant and Insect Picture Book
The Potted Plant (鉢植え) is a special Garden objects that was implemented on 6th June 2016. By putting the potted plants in the Garden, a flower will sprout from them after four hours and then attract a pest. You can then click on the pest to capture it and earn a small amount of Gold (around 0 to 10,000) and Stamina (around 0 to 40). Any newly captured pests will be recorded in your Insect Picture Book.
The Insect Picture Book (虫図鑑) is a reference guide for various pests. It tells various information about pests such as their name, name pronunciation, race, habitat, and bibliography. Filling out the Insect Picture Book is one of the Main Quests.