A raid boss is a considerably strong pest that can be fought with the assistance of other players. Defeating a raid boss gives rewards to all participants. Furthermore, the person who found the raid boss will get an additional reward so long as they participate in fighting with the raid boss. Raid bosses sometimes appear upon clearing a subjugation. You will have the option to go after the raid boss immediately or leave it alone. Upon sighting a raid boss, everyone involved will have a limited time to defeat the raid boss before it runs away. The time left to defeat the raid boss is typically two hours, but a rare five minute raid boss may also appear.
Raid bosses drop equipment gacha seeds. High level raid bosses drop more seeds. Raid bosses found from normal stage 9-1 and beyond will give mid-level equipment gacha seeds. Event raid bosses may drop something different other than equipment gacha seeds.
Fighting a Raid Boss
Fighting a raid boss costs you raid points. Your raid points are shown as the red (available) or black (unavailable) orbs at the top of the main screen. You are given three options for how to attack the raid boss. From left to right, they are as follows:
- 弱攻撃 / Weak Attack: Spend one raid point to fight the raid boss at 1x attack power.
- 通常攻撃 / Ordinary Attack: Spend two raid points to fight the raid boss at 3x attack power.
- 全力攻撃 / Full Power Attack: Spend three raid points to fight the raid boss at 5x attack power.
The interface of a raid boss fight has a Skip button that allows you to fast-forward through the fight as fast as possible.
Raid Boss List
From the home screen, pressing the big red button labeled レイドボス / "Raid Boss" will show you a list of currently sighted raid bosses. The example picture of a raid boss list will have some of its words explained below.
- 応援要請 / Call for reinforcements: This button allows you to call one of either random players or just your friends to help defeat the raid boss. This option only appears for raid bosses you have personally found.
- 討伐 / Subjugation: Click this button to fight the raid boss.
- 参加者 / Participants: This buttons lets you see a list of all people who fought the raid boss. The player who found the raid boss is included even if s/he did not deal any damage to the raid boss.
- 発見 / Finding: This means that you have found this raid boss.
- 参加中 / Currently participating: This means you have already fought this raid boss. In other words, fighting it again does not earn you any more benefits unless you are intent on defeating it.
- 戦友 / Comrade in Arms: This means that the person who found the raid boss was one of your comrades in arms. Chances are that they only revealed this raid boss to their friends.
- Event: This raid boss is an event raid boss so its dropped items may differ from an ordinary raid boss.
If you attempt to fight a raid boss that has already been defeated, a popup box will appear saying it is already subjugated.
Should your team be defeated by the raid boss or you preemptively choose to call for reinforcements, you will have the choice to send the Raid Boss to your friends, or you can send it simultaneously to your friends and a large number of other random players.