Strengthening Synthesis (強化合成), commonly shortened to just "synthesis", is the process of giving Materials (素材) to a flower knight in order to power them up. The flower knight being powered up is called the Base (ベース). Materials can include Manyus, Ampules, Skill Flowers, Equipment Flowers, and even other flower knights. Strengthening Synthesis can be done by going to the Character Management page by clicking on the Character (キャラ) button and clicking on the third tab labeled Strengthening Synthesis (強化合成).
The effects of strengthening synthesis include leveling up your flower knight, increasing their skill levels, and unlocking their equipment slots. You can feed up to 10 materials to a flower knight at once. It costs gold to do a strengthening synthesis. A synthesis can sometimes result in a Great Success (大成功) which further boosts the experience gain you get from materials.
- Strengthening Spirits: Manyus (強化霊 マニュ), or Fairies, are the most common thing you will be using as synthesis materials. The come in three rarities which offer more experience based on their rarity. Of all of the materials you can synthesize a flower knight with, these offer the most experience.
- Other flower knights can be used as materials for synthesis. If the base flower knight and flower knight used as a material are exactly the same person, then the base flower knight is guaranteed to have an equipment slot unlocked for each material that is the same flower knight. Furthermore, if the base flower knight and material flower knight(s) have the same skill, then you have a chance to increase the base flower knight's skill level.
- Equipment Flowers (装花) and Skill Flowers (技花) are items you will encounter during events. These are character-specific materials that can be synthesized with an event flower knight in order to give her a guaranteed chance at unlocking an equipment slot and increasing her skill level respectively. Unlike synthesizing a flower knight with herself, a skill flower guarantees a skill's level up. These items will have names signifying that they belong to a particular flower knight such as Pine Tree's Equipment Flower (マツの装花) being only usable by Pine Tree (マツ).
- Kodaibanas (コダイバナ), or Ancient Flowers are items that can be synthesized to any flower knights with matching rarity or lower to either increase their skill level or unlock new equipment slots. They're significantly more difficult to obtain, however.
- Skill Flowers can be bought at the Shop in exchange for Crystals of Life. They can be synthesized to guarantee the skill level up of a base flower knight of the same rarity or lower.
- Equipment flowers are premium items that may be bundled in special gachas (usually costs 5000 DMM point each). They can be synthesized to expand the slot of a base flower knight with matching rarity.
- Sacred Beast: Ampules (霊獣 アンプルゥ) permanently increase a stat for a flower knight. Up to 100 of each type of Ampule can be given to a flower knight. Stat bonus granted by ampules are carried over to all subsequent evolutionary stages, including Rarity Growth.
After 100 ampules of a given type has been given to a Flower Knight, said Flower Knight can be given High Ampules (up to 100) to further increase their stats.
Note that ampules may have other similar names only because their name is spelled very strangely (Japanese people get it wrong all the time as well).
- Ampule of Life (霊獣 命のアンプルゥ). Increases HP by 30 up to 3,000.
- Ampule of Attack (霊獣 攻のアンプルゥ). Increases Attack by 10 up to 1,000.
- Ampule of Protection/Defense (霊獣 守のアンプルゥ). Increases Defense by 4 up to 400.
- High Ampule of Life (霊獣 命のアンプルゥ・上). Increases HP by 30 up to 3,000.
- High Ampule of Attack (霊獣 攻のアンプルゥ・上). Increases Attack by 10 up to 1,000.
- 80px High Ampule of Protection/Defense (霊獣 守のアンプルゥ・上). Increases Defense by 4 up to 400.
1. Go to the strengthening synthesis (強化合成) tab, select the base character you want to power up, then press the red confirm (決定) button at the bottom-right.
2. Click on any of these dark boxes to select materials (素材).
3. Select materials stored in your warehouse (倉庫) to give to the base character.
4. Select the number of materials to use. At the bottom, press the red yes (はい) button on the left to use the materials, or press the cyan no (いいえ) on the right to cancel.
5. Repeat step 3 until you have all of your materials selected. Press the red confirm (決定) button at the bottom-right when you are done.
6. Press the large, red do strengthening synthesis (強化合成する) button to synthesize the base character with the materials.
Notes and Strategies
Level ups increase your flower knight's stats, although there are some other things to be aware of. Reaching the maximum level is a pre-requirement for evolution. The maximum level of a flower knight depends on their rarity and whether or not they have been evolved or not. The maximum leveled flower knight you own will also be the maximum level of the flower knights used by comrades in arms.
The cost of synthesis equals (the flower knight's level) * 100 * (the number of materials used), so you can save money by synthesizing in large batches while the flower knight is still low leveled. In particular, a 5 or 6 star flower knight can be fed ten, 100 Year Old Manyus with matching attribute at Level 45 at base form, or at Level 60 at evolved form to reach their maximum level and save the most amount of money to reach the maximum level.
Event flower knights are not earnable from gacha, so your goal will not to be to synthesize the flower knight with herself but rather to synthesize her with her equipment and skill flowers. All event flower knights are designed to be full specced this way. By contrast, gacha flower knights of rarity 4* to 6* can be difficult to near impossible to full spec because they don't have the blessing of equipment and skill flowers.
A good number of low rarity flower knights share skills, so new players may benefit from reaching skill level 5 with these flower knights. 5* and 6* flower knights don't share any skills, so you must resort to using Kodaibanas (and Skill Flowers for event flower knights) to increase skill levels if you can't get a duplicate flower knight.
Ampules of Defense increase defense, but they also increase the chance that the flower knight will defend. They also reduce more damage due to defending.
List of Flower Knights With Common Skills
The following flower knights have the same skills. Synthesize them together to reach skill level 5 without needing to worry about earning the exact same flower knight multiple times. This is not intended to be a full list of skills.