This is a tutorial for how to start playing FKG. First of all, you will need an account. Go to http://www.dmm.com/, switch the site to english and then make one. After you've done that it's time to bypass the country restriction with one of the methods below.
- Log into http://www.dmm.com/
- Switch the language of the site from English to Japanese (日本語) at the top of the site
- Open the browser's devtools panel (usually F12). Note that the hotkey to open devtools on specific browsers may be different
- Put these lines into the Console and execute by pressing the [Enter] key. Then go directly to the game: here
document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/"; document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame/"; document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame_s/"; document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/"; document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame/"; document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame_s/";
How it works
- You use the browser's dev tools console to write cookies on your computer. Nothing has been transmitted to the server at this point.
- Once you refresh DMM, it will now check for the cookies. Your browser includes these cookies as a part of the HTTP header on your refresh.
- DMM will now see the new region flag on the cookies, (which they do not know you faked since it was naturally given by your browser) and grant you access.
- Choose your netgame and play
- Head over to VPN Gate, an "Academic Experiment Project" by the University of Tsukuba.
- Download, install and run the client.
- Select a Japanese server in "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers"
Mac / UNIX-based
- Chance are there is L2TP VPN interface that has been pre-installed in your kernel (especially if you are not running your own custom kernel). You can directly set it up without needed to download any clients nor using similar software to let you execute Windows-only clients. However, in case your network is blocking the usage of L2TP, you will still need to download VPN clients to let you use VPN with different protocols.
- See this user blog entry on kancolle wikia for more information.
- If you have difficulties getting SoftEther VPN for linux to work properly you can revert to connecting to SoftEther VPN servers via L2TP method. Just make sure that the server you are connecting to also supports L2TP method.
If you went with the cookie method you may have to refresh the site to get it to work. Now head over to this link for the safe version or this link for the R-18 version. (Note that you will have to log in again and repeat the whole cookie method on the R-18 site). And well you're done, welcome to Flower Knight Girls. Click here for an basic "How to play" tutorial.