Compared to the Ultimate Missions, Whale Airship Missions have a much higher degree of difficulty in the mission in terms of requirements. A combination of strong equipment, powerful-high level Knights and proper team placement is required to raise enough overall power level to effectively complete the missions.
In order to get into this, press the Whale Boat Icon "クジラ艇" on the Home screen. While you can access the Whale Ship and its party composition at any time, the Whale Airship mission maps only opens during a certain period of time. Generally, the missions is only available during the latter half of the event, though there are rare occasions where the missions is kept open for up to 3 weeks. The opening schedule can be seen from the Whale Ship's main page.
When the Whale Maps are open, the icon will have "開催中" (in Session) overlapped on the icon.
Differences from Normal Missions
- The objective of the Whale Airship missions is to defeat an Ancient Pest with the Whale Ship. Instead of directly attacking it with your flower knights, the airship will attack with its own armaments.
- The Ancient Pest is a boss that is fought several times in a stage. The boss will retreat after sustaining certain amounts of damage. In later missions, the boss may retreat multiple times.
- After it retreats, it spawns lesser pests to battle against you, which your flower knights have to defend against throughout the mission (similar to regular combat). Should one team be defeated, the next team will be able to swap in, just like during a Raid Boss battle. However, if all the crew members are defeated, the mission will end in failure.
- The mission ends in failure if the Whale Ship is defeated.
- You are able to bring eight parties along with a helper on Whale Airship missions. The combined stats of all the girls and their equipment will determine the airship's stats.
- HP restoring panels will only heal the flower knights on the deck; they won't heal the whaleship.
During the aerial combat phase, the Whale Airship directly engages against the boss.
Each side attacks twice per turn, and unique special attacks can trigger depending on the attribute of the whaleship. The attribute of the Airship is determined by the party composition of the girls within the ship: if 40% of the ship (16 girls) is filled by a certain weapon type, the ship will gain that attribute as well. Damage reduction and critical hits may be applied while defending from attacks. The Whale Airship and the boss are unaffected by stat changes from flower knight's Abilities during the aerial combat phase.
You can occasionally hear Nazuna's battle cry during airship combat.
|Attribute||Skill Name||Trigger Percentage||Damage Multiplier|
|General Purpose Type Whale Airship||Nazuna Cannon Barrage
Chibi Nazuna Assault
|Slash-type Whale Airship||Whale Slash
|Blow-type Whale Airship||Icana fist
|Assault-type Whale Airship||Dolphin Attack
|Magic Gun-type Whale Airship||Thunder Magica
Whale Cannon (ホェイルカノン) is the attack you can use in place of Solar Drive. As of August 30, 2016's maintenance, it's power is multiplied by the number of remaining flower knights.
Whale Cannon Burst
Whale Cannon Burst (ホェイルカノン・バースト) is a more powerful version of the Whale Cannon. It was implemented after the maintenance on January 16, 2017. The Faint Gauge (気絶ゲージ) below the ancient pest's HP fills up as you damage it. When the gauge is filled, all flower knights head inside the whale ship to the crystal room. Damage they deal to the crystal will amplify the whale ship's follow up attack, Whale Cannon Burst.
Five random flower knights from your composition and your helper's party will appear in the crystal room. Flower knights that fainted in deck combat won't go to this fight. Flower knights higher up in the composition have a better chance of appearing, so careful composition of your topmost teams can be helpful. The fight lasts one turn, but everyone has a 100% skill activation rate. Solar Drive can't be used in this fight.
After reaching a set amount of damage for the first couple times, the Ancient Pest will flee, leaving behind a number of small enemies behind that will board the airship to attack your girls. These fights are almost identical to normal combat, but should your main party be defeated, your next party will automatically be swapped in. Your airship will retain its full stats even if some of your party were defeated, but losing all your parties will end the mission in failure.
The Chance panel was introduced on August 30th, 2016. The panel forces you into a fight. When the fight ends, the whaleship's attack power gets a boost based on the number of remaining teams (not flower knights). The attack boost is 40% if all teams survive, but you will lose 5% attack power for each team that didn't survive.
In Mission 17, the player starts with a Swanship (スワン艇) which can be dragged to one of the starting hangars in the map. While aboard the Swanship, encountered pests will be fought as Deck battles. Any defeated Flower Knights will no longer contribute to the overall stats of the Whaleship. The Swanship will revert into a Whaleship once it had passed through the lighthouse.
The purpose of Swanship is that players can opt to go after the Ancient Pest immediately for a fast kill (and fast rewards) with a fully powered Whaleship, or players could attempt to defeat the the pests through Deck battles and aim for a full clear.
Proper Set Creation
Making your whaleship have the same attribute as the map you are attempting will greatly increase your effectiveness because you will get the 1.5x damage multiplier for hitting the weak point of the Ancient Pest. Composing a good set out of 40 flower knights is vital to clearing whaleship maps. This section details how to properly make a set using a Magic Whaleship as an example. Party 1 plays a significant role in whaleship missions because it should ideally wipe out every single pest along the way, so the following example also demonstrates how to put your preferred flower knights into the first party.
- Auto-compose your set by Overall Force (Decreasing) / 総合力（降順）. It's the topmost option.
- Locate characters that aren't the same type as the whaleship you're trying to make at the bottom of the set. The example screenshot highlights some non-Magic characters we'd like to replace to make a Magic whaleship. Select them from right-to-left, bottom-to-top (weakest to strongest).
- On the character select screen, change the filter to the type of whaleship you want to create.
- Sort by Overall Force (Decreasing). It's the bottom-left option. This option is remembered, so it only needs to be done once in your life.
- Add typed characters to the whaleship from top-to-bottom, left-to-right (strongest to weakest).
- Stop when the whaleship's type changes.
- Locate characters you want to put into party 1 and remove them with the Remove / 外す button at the upper-left. Change the filter back to None / なし. In the example, we'll remove the correctly typed Green Bell from party 5 to move her to party 1.
- Swap the characters from party 1 with the characters you have removed. In the example, we'll swap out the incorrectly typed Hebranthus with Green Bell.
Force Divider Panel
A new, currently nameless panel was introduced on September 26th, 2016 along with dungeon 7. This panel makes the whaleship take a different path based on its overall force disincluding any force contributed by your helper. It first shows up in map 7-5 where it routes stronger whaleships to more rewarding route than weaker ones.
|Map No.||Map Name||Recommended|
Total Power Level